Monday, January 23, 2012

Rupe!

The Rupe is a 5 km path which encircles the oldest part of Orvieto.  The path has 5 different connections to the city, and is located about 200 feet below the city.

Berta and I walked the Rupe for the first time today.  It is a beautiful walk.  At times it can be intense, with some serious ups and downs, but the overall experience is enjoyable.  There is gorgeous scenery surrounding the path, with spectacular views of the surrounding areas.







I have been told I need to start putting more pictures on here :-) so I will try and update this more often with more pictures!

M

2 comments:

  1. Pics are appreciated! It's so green there - it's really making me think spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been told that it only gets greener from here. Marena is going to take us to the Etruscan tombs in March or April when they are covered in beautiful flowers and green green grass. Very excited for that!

    ReplyDelete