Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ciao from Italia!

Bonjourno! We all made it to Orvieto safe and sound!
We started out with an early (7:50) flight out of KCI. After a delay of about 45 minutes (someone broke the monitor in the cockpit), we took off headed for Washington D.C. Once we landed, we were faced with an entirely different issue: Boredom. We all survived our 5 hour layover (Wendy's helps a lot!) and headed on our way to Rome. The 8.5 hour flight was very long, but with small cat naps and constant movies in front of me, I was able to keep my spirits up. I wish I could sleep on flights.....it would have made that SO much easier!
We arrived in Rome at 7:15 on Wednesday. We were met with a Bus to Orvieto outside the airport. I heard the drive was lovely. I did not see it. My eyes closed the second we hit the Highway :-) (I said I could not sleep on airplanes. Automobiles are a completely different story.)
When we got to Orvieto, we were taken by car to our apartment. Berta and I share a small one bedroom, with a large bathroom (but small shower). The living room has a couch and smaller chair with cable tv and our kitchen is adorable! I will take pictures and post later.
Orientation was today, and we got all of the information we needed to start classes tomorrow!
Berta and I have been exploring the city between the different appointments we have had with the Centro Studi Staff.  It is absolutely gorgeous!  














Tonight we had dinner at Zeppelin Restaurant with Chef Lorenzo! He is the one who will be teaching our cooking class on Monday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment